If you are reading this I have to thank you for joining me on this crazy path! I seriously cannot believe that I have a website, a blog and so much love and support from all of you. I am quickly coming to realize that there is a certain amount of vulnerability one must have to put their thoughts, emotion and passion out there for the world to see. It’s not easy to let go and let little bits of your light shine. I have to say I admire so many of the men and woman that I follow who do just that! Pretty much on the daily! It’s incredible really, kudos to you guys!
I thought, I would answer a few questions about who I am and some of what makes me tick. (Whoa, deep breathe) Let’s just have fun with this.
1. Who inspires you to be a better person? Well this one isn’t the easiest to answer...I am one who believes in mentorship, and I am constantly looking for guidance to be a better person than I was just yesterday in many aspects of my life (yeah I know, little sappy) but it’s true. There are many people I look up to in my daily life, some online, some who are not even aware and some who I have reached out to. However, the main person would probably be my little brother, Nolan. He has had some huge ups and downs in his life and yet he always seems to find a way to get back to the things that are most important. He is so positive, and has a heart of gold, he is constantly working on becoming a better man for his family, his work and any other lucky person who is in his life. Ha, I love you big guy!
2. If you didn’t have to work for a year what would you do instead? Easy, I would travel the world to explore and experience other countries and cultures. It would be amazing.
3.What always makes you laugh? Okay, please don’t think I am an AWFUL person but I just can’t keep it together when I see someone fall. (Even writing that makes me giggle) I don’t know what it is, but I think it’s hilarious, and when I am having a bad day I have been known to source out a fall compilation on YouTube. I’m shaking my head as I type that... but rest assured I will always help you up, I will just be laughing uncontrollably. I know it’s horrible.
4.What is the largest crowd you have ever been in? Hmmm well I have been to many professional sporting events including the epic Chiefs vs Patriot on Monday Night Football, where the Chiefs WON and set the record for loudest outdoor sporting event of all time! I have been among the crowd at the Vatican when the Pope addressed us in like 10 different languages (it was VERY impressive). I have also attended the Austin City Music Festival, in Texas (and NO, it was not County)....but, I think I would have to say that the biggest crowd I have ever been in was at Disney Land, that place is a ZOO!
5.Do you ever dance if there is no music? Yes, ALL THE TIME! Truth be told, I’m a little bit of a goof...
6. What was your favorite summer activity as a kid? We grew up on the lake so we were always on the water. I was lucky because at the time all my father’s siblings lived down the same road, so all of us cousins used to spend hours playing down at the beach! It was awesome!
7. What happened the last time you cried? Ahh, well I am a very sensitive soul. I often get moved by, well pretty much anything that evokes true emotion in another human. I once actually cried watching a coach of a big league football team bend a knee to pray to the football gods after a Hail Mary pass that won the game. It wasn’t even a team we follow. So this one is a little tricky. Hmm, Oh yeah, I cried my heart out while creating this website for my blog, it wasn’t a proud moment but I almost packed it all in. As you can see I made it through. Yay!
8. What do you think about first thing in the morning? COFFEE!
9. What are your Parent’s best qualities? My Mother’s tenacious strength and my Father’s patience
10. What would be your personal heaven? Having a home on some beautiful tropical beach surrounded by those I love. Although to be clear, they would have their own houses, walking distance to mine (I love them all dearly, but space is good too) ;)
11. What or who motivates you to exercise? I have a few for this, good health is key so exercise is all part of that, as for people...My friend Karla who just opened MVMNT in Kenora and my other dear friend Amanda, who is one of the co-owners of Boreal Paddle, she has one of the healthiest diets I know, vegan and all, they’re both amazing!
12. If you could have your own TV show what would it be? First, I would LOVE to have my own TV SHOW!!! I would travel all over the world, showcasing and celebrating people who have made the choice to make their dreams a reality! Showing how they got from A to B and talking about what it means to let go of doubt to purse passion, like mini inspirational biography’s, in hopes of encouraging other to do the same. Ahhh, a girl can dream...
13. Why did you start your blog? I wasn’t entirely honouring who I am as a person so I am starting this to have a creative outlet that will hopefully encourage people to embrace who they are, to take risks and look good doing it.
14. What is your future plans for your career? Pleases see number 12!!
I have been working on a small business/charity idea for a little while now, and well, I hope to talk about the ups and downs, and take whatever may come, together here on the blog. In hopes that one-day I can launch that idea that is so special to my heart. I believe in giving back so a portion of all funds received from this endeavor will go into an endowment to help young entrepreneurs begin their own small business, encouraging others to explore their passions and live life on purpose.
15. How many countries are currently on your bucket list? 62 but I am willing to add more!
16. If you could have any pet what would it be? A beautiful big black Jaguar, who would mess with that, could you imagine the looks I would get on the walking trails...it would be priceless!
17. If you could no longer live in Canada and had to move to another country where would it be and why? This is also tough...I have 62 countries on my bucketlist but who’s to say I would like to live in one place or the other? I would have to say Mexico, on a beautiful beach (maybe Tulum). I loved my time in Mexico and I would have dual Citizenship.
18. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child? I don’t really remember? As an adult I historically decide an hour before the party that I’m going and whip something together. My most favorite being a sugar skull outfit I put together, painting my face from a tutorial online using kids face paint and eyeliner, weaved some big red roses into my hair and wore black lace and a huge red sash around my waist from my closet.
19. Do you have any Tattoos? Yes, One. It’s a tribal cross in white ink on the back of my neck. Unless you were looking for it I bet you wouldn’t even notice it.
20. How do you handle stress? Sometimes I surprise myself, and sometimes I just need to have a good cry. It depends on what kind of stress; work pressure helps me to be more productive. I also practice the Ho’oponopono mantra. I love you; I’m sorry, Please forgive me, Thank you. The gist of it is, all that comes into our life has been brought on by us, it’s about taking complete responsibility and forgiving your self in order to let it go. Some people simply say “everything happens for a reason” Or that there is “no good, nor bad” just experiences. Takes the sting out of the “stress”.
21. Are you a risk taker? I would say yes, I have lived in a few different places Mexico, Toronto, and England, to name a few, and have never been scared to take a leap in the unknown, job wise. I guess you can say that I believe that I will always be provided for, which makes it a lot easier to get out of your comfort zone. The one area where I wish to be a little braver would be when I am investing in myself, in my own dreams, and passion. Happy to say the blog is a baby step in the right direction.
All right that is it for now, loves.
Inspiration, Adventure and Stylish Living on Purpose.
If there are other Questions you have, or if you would like me to post about something in particular, please feel free to comment below…xo